Friday, December 4, 2015

Poros

Poros is brand new to Pittsburgh.   The space is cozy and classy.  I'd recommend a reservation because space is limited.

I wanted to start with the risotto,  but the server came back from the kitchen with news that it was made from grains, not rice.  Good save, server!

I then chose the ouzo cured salmon with dill and fennel.  It was delicious.  The tzatziki sauce was fluffy and really complemented the salmon.


  








 I ordered the Garide, chargrilled with a shallot garlic citronette.  It was a prawn larger than their lobster tails.  This giant shrimp was grilled to perfection.  It definitely was not over or under cooked. Although, I must say, I could have eaten three of them!  But not for the price.  These little delicacies were very expensive, but I've never had one so large.  

They also had a great selection of fresh fish, some of which you could order whole, lamb, pork, and chicken. 
The ouzo berry sorbet was a delicious end to a wonderful meal.  It was, in fact, a little boozy.  They also offered some gluten free ice creams and a flourless chocolate tart.

If you are celebrating a special occasion, this is a great place to eat. 



PPG2 Market Square
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
412-904-2051
Porospgh.com

No comments:

Post a Comment