Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Legume

Legume

Legume is a nice little fine dining restaurant on North Craig street in Oakland, PA.  Its menu changes quite frequently, which I find endearing.  The menu is small, but covers a lot of options.  The space is nice and the atmosphere is quaint.  The service was attentive and the waiter was helpful.

I ordered the duck leg confit.  It came with rice, but I substituted it with crispy golden potatoes.  There were collard greens on the plate and it was garnished with a cherry sauce.  It was salty, crispy, sweet and delicious.  The rich flavors complimented each other perfectly. 

The menu was a la carte, so if you want a side or salad, you have to order them separately.  I actuality don't mind this style of restaurant because I decide how hungry I am, not the chef.  I thought this meal was the perfect size without ordering any extras.  I didn't even have any room for dessert.

I really loved this place.  I can't wait to come back to try something else.





This was the lamb shank.  Because of the gravy like sauce on this dish, I don't think it was gluten free, but they said they could make several things on the menu gluten free, just ask.  My non-gluten free friend said this was delicious. 






http://www.legumebistro.com/
214 N Craig St, Pittsburgh, PA 15213

Legume Bistro on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. I’ve been here twice and I'm already looking forward to my third visit. The specials at Boston restaurants were more delicious than the items listed on the menu, so ask for their daily specials! It's not on the menu but rest assured, it will be delightful.

    ReplyDelete