Thursday, August 27, 2020

Vanilla Sugar

How to Make Vanilla Sugar For Future Recipes

 

Making vanilla sugar is easy. I've never actually seen it for sale anywhere, but its a key ingredient in most of my baking. 


After scraping vanilla beans for recipes like vanilla bean ice cream and cheesecakes, I dry the bean pods off slightly by setting them out for a day and stick them in a large glass jar of sugar.  It's best to leave the pods in the sugar for at least 30 days before using the sugar.  I continually add more bean pods every time I use one and when the sugar gets low, I continue to add more sugar.  I always have vanilla sugar to add to my recipes and it gives them an additional real vanilla flavor that cannot be matched by merely using vanilla extract.





No comments:

Post a Comment