Friday, June 20, 2014

Alihans

Alihan's

The restaurant was small and intimate.  The decor was cozy Mediterranean and very pretty.  There was outdoor patio seating which was nice.  The girl told me when I came in that almost everything on the menu was gluten free.  After sitting down and looking at the menu, I saw that was an overstatement, but still, there were a lot of kabobs and dishes that looked gluten free. 





I got the North Atlantic Char grilled salmon on a house salad with lemon.  The salmon was over cooked and looked like it may have been squished to the grill to cook it well over well done.  It also seemed to have some sort of Italian dressing on the salmon, but not on the salad.  I think I would have preferred my over cooked salmon plain.

The salad was less than exciting.  It was lettuce and a tomato with a lemon dressing and originally had peppers, but I can't have peppers.  At least they didn't put peppers on the plate.

My companion ordered the salmon and lobster ravioli.  It came on the plate with a small salad consisting of lettuce, shredded carrots, red onions and a vinegar dressing.  His salmon, too, was over cooked.  I even asked what it was and as he was eating it, he wasn't sure.  But the most disappointing part of this dish was that the ravioli was hard and under cooked.  He said they tasted frozen and bland.  You shouldn't have to chew them so much.  If he wanted frozen ravioli, he could have bought them from the grocery store him self and cooked them.  At least they would have been softer and easier to eat.


The saving grace to this place was I didn't get sick.  So at least they didn't poison me with gluten.

124 6th St
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
http://www.alihanscuisine.com/menu.html


Alihans Mediterranean Cuisine on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment