Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Double Wide Grill

The Double Wide Grill is a great place to sit outside and watch the cars and people stroll along East Carson St.  Their patio is even dog friendly. 

At first glance, I wasn't sure about anything on the menu being gluten free.  Sometimes BBQ sauces are not gluten free ans there was a lot of BBQ on the menu.  I'm not a big rib fan either and I wasn't in the mood for a salad.  Salads are usually a safe choice if you make sure there's no croutons, french fries, or dressing on them.  And I just wasn't feeling a bowl of lettuce.

I mentioned to the enthusiastic server that I needed to be gluten free & he promptly told me about the gluten free bread & menu.   He fetched it from the server station and handed it to me.

It was a bit confusing.  I had to keep looking back and forth between the regular menu and the gluten free menu to see what came on certain sandwiches and entrees, but I decided on a grilled chicken sandwich and an appetizer of mussels with no toast.  

The mussels were in a tomato lemon butter and were plentiful, but there were 3 or 4 left over mussels that didn't open.  I was once told not to eat the ones that don't open, so I didn't. 

My sandwich arrived open faced.  And it was a good thing, too.  I looked at the full green leafy lettuce and saw a dead bug.  I found a server & sent it back for new lettuce.  Yes it was the same sandwich with different lettuce, but that's what I expected.  Nothing was wrong with the chichen or bread.

The chicken was tender, smokey, and spicy.  I feel like it was a fake smoke additive, but I'm not entirely sure.  The spice was just a hint and not over-barring.  The bread was pretty good for gluten free bread.

Except for the extra protein that I didn't order, the Double Wide Grill is a decent place & makes an effort to be gluten free friendly. 


Double Wide Grill on Urbanspoon


  1. Eating is really one of my hobby i mean part of my life. I love going to a place and at the same time taste their delicious and most wanted food.I want to taste something that is new to my palate.



  2. This is really an interesting topic. Congratulations to the writer. I'm sure a lot of readers having fun reading your post. Hoping to read more post from you in the future. Thank you and God bless!